This article contains Amazon affiliate links, see my full disclosure
What kind of game is Fortnite?
Fortnite is one of the most popular video games in the world, loved by millions of players. But for those who are just starting out, the game can be overwhelming. 6 Steps to get you started
Boys Battle Royale T-Shirt 3D Printed Short Sleeve Summer Cool Shirt | See Amazon
1. Is it difficult to play Fortnite?
Fortunately, getting started playing Fortnite is not as difficult as it may seem. The first step is to download the game. It is available for free on Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as PC and consoles.
Once the game is downloaded, you will need to create an account. After that, you can choose whether you want to play solo, duos, or squads. Once you have chosen your game mode, you will be ready to start playing.
Wireless Retro Game Console,Plug and Play Video Ga…
Nintendo Switch™ with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy‑C…
PlayStation PS5 Console – God of War Ragnarök Bund…9% Off
777 Retro Game Console, Classic Mini Video Game Sy…
Tlsdosp Retro Handheld Game Console with 400 Class…10% Off
2. The basics of Fortnite
When you first start playing Fortnite, it is important to get familiar with the controls and the basic rules of the game.
You should also learn how to use the game’s weapons, how to build structures, and how to use the game emotes.
Fortnite 7″ Llama Loot Plush | See Amazon.com
The game also has many challenges and events that you can complete to level up your character and earn rewards. You can also join a team and participate in tournaments for even more rewards.
When you are ready to start playing the game, you can jump in and start competing against other players. You can also join a team and work together to complete challenges and earn rewards.
To help you get started playing Fortnite, there are many tutorials and guides available online. These tutorials can help you learn the basics of the game and provide tips and tricks to help you become a better player. See Fortnite Beginner’s Guide
Getting started playing Fortnite is relatively easy, so don’t be intimidated by the game. With a bit of practice, you can become a skilled player in no time. Once you get the hang of it, you can join a team and compete in tournaments and special events, or take on solo challenges to level up your character and earn rewards.
3. How does a game of Fortnite look like
If by some miracle you’re not already playing Fortnite, then you’re probably looking to dip your toes in its fun-filled waters but you don’t know where to start.
- Fortnite is a battle royale game where the objective is to be the last person standing.
- You’re dropped onto an island along with 99 other players without any gear or weapons.
- The moment you touch the ground, you need to make a beeline for the nearest building or location to find items.
- You’ve got to be quick, though, because others are looking for the same thing; an advantage to take you out before you take them out.
- As the game progresses, the circle that surrounds the island becomes smaller. This reduces the space you have to move in and brings you closer to your opponents.
- The player who manages to defeat all odds and remain the last survivor on the island wins.
- If you wanna dance in between your battles? You sure can.
4. Where can you play Fortnite?
The question should actually be “Where CAN’T you play Fortnite?” Because the game is available on literally all current devices.
- Got a decent PC? You can play Fortnite. Check the minimum requirements here
- A console in your living room? That can play Fortnite, too.
- Mobile phone? Yup, it can play Fortnite.
What’s more, the game is completely free to play. There are a number of ways you can pay to make your character look cool and get other goodies. But if you just want to kick back and have a few rounds of fun without spending a dime, you can do that with Fortnite.
5. Can you play Fortnite with friends?
The main way to play a Battle Royale game is its standard free-for-all mode where it’s you and 99 other players all hellbent on taking each other out. Playing solo is great as well. Playing with friends, though, can be done with the game’s other two modes, Duo and Squad.
In Duo, you simply need to invite one more friend to your party and you’re off to the races, competing against 49 other 2-player teams. Squad, on the other hand, allows you to form a party of up to 4 players which makes things even more interesting and fun.
The best part is you and your friends don’t need to have the same device to play with each other.
Fortnite supports cross-platform play. This means you on PC, for example, can play with a friend on mobile or console. Any combination of devices is possible, though anyone involving the PS4 is labeled as a beta by Sony. There are currently no issues but just something to keep in our noggin’.
That issue aside, playing with friends is incredibly simple in Fortnite. As long as everyone has an Epic Account, they can be invited to your party in a few quick steps.
6. Quick Tips for Beginners
So, you’ve decided to give Fortnite a try but you’re struggling to stay alive and get a few shots in. It’s quite normal since the game has been out for so long.
But fear not!
We’ve got a few tips to help you hit the ground running:
- Try to land where there are fewer players. The best way to do this is to wait until the Battlebus is closer to the other side of the island. This ensures you’ll have fewer people to compete with for gear.
- Stay behind the cover as much as possible. There are big open fields on the Fortnite island so it’s tempting to make mad dashes to the next loot-filled location. This makes you an easy target. Instead, try to move slowly and close to as many trees and other cover points as possible.
- Listen for gunfights near you. The easiest way to take down an opponent is to catch them while they’re busy fighting someone else. When shots are fired near you, try to find ways to sneak up on your opponents instead of rushing in to join the fight. You’ll have a health advantage plus the element of surprise on your side.
- See a bunch of loot on the ground wondering why nobody’s picking it up? Don’t go rushing in to pick the loot up greedily. 99% of the time this is dropped when someone else was killed. The killer is likely nearby waiting for someone to go collect it. On this note, you should make use of this same tactic as lots of new players aren’t aware of it most of the time.